Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Clean Slate



I think a large part inside of me, the creative ambitious part, really just wants to cut the crap and get back to the basics. 

I watch too much TV (rather Netflix), play too long online (smartphones are evil), and sit around procrastinating way more than I ought.

I am starting to crave and seek out a simpler and much more productive existence. I want less chaos in my head and more calm. Lets face it, social media and television really do create a sizable amount of noise and negativity in our heads. I'm tired of negativity. I even deleted Facebook from my phone so the debating wouldn’t get me down. 

A fresh start is swiftly approaching my family, and I am welcoming it with open arms. We will be in a new place with new opportunities. Yes, it is a smidgen scary but with a dose of bravery and a whole crap load of positivity, I am excited about this new adventure. Honestly, I have never really been so ambitious before. I don’t really have a set path to follow and never really have. So I am putting a smile on my face and just moving forward. I have a list of wants and an idea of how to acquire them. The plan is to cut the noise out while adding more music, to read words that inspire my imagination, and to strengthen my body to see what it is really capable of. Yesterday, the kids and I even joined my sis and her kiddos by turning off the social media and television noise for a bit and exploring a little piece of heaven on Earth; the best used bookstore in the world and the free night at the local museum! A little less noise, a little more beauty, and a whole lot of quality time! It was a perfect day to help wrap up my year in Florida!





Have you ever needed to wipe away negativity and begin again, whether is was just a bad day or maybe a chaotic year? How did it go? Do you have any advice for someone who needs to add a little positivity to their routine? 


No comments: